True Story: Almost a year ago, I went to a large networking happy hour where I didn’t know a single person. Luckily, there was another person in the same position. We started chatting and turned out that we were both writers. Even crazier, we were in the same writing group, the Washington Romance Writers. That person is today’s guest, L.H. Nicole, who just released her first novel, Legendary, the first book in her Upper YA/New Adult Arthurian fantasy saga.
In her debut Waterworld Mermaid appearance, please welcome L.H. Nicole.
Congratulations on your debut novel, Legendary! Care to tell us a little about it?
Aliana Fagan grew up traveling the world with her famous parents. Her life was her friends, family, her photo art and her love of Arthurian legends. Only two years after her parents violent death, Aliana find herself thrown into a story she never dreamed could come true. King Arthur’s world and that of his Knights of the Round Table. And everything she thought she knew, doesn’t even come close to the truth of the Golden King and Camelot.
Aliana realizes she is the “Destined One” the only person who can help Arthur and his knights reclaim their lost relics, save the seven realms and stop Mordrid for good.
Legendary is also dedicated to my love of Arthurian Legends. I just went back and changed the things that always bothered me about the stories. (Guinevere cheating on Arthur with Lancelot for example.) But it’s also about discovering who you are and learning how to deal with everyone’s expectations of you. It’s also about forgiveness, loyalty, bravery and true love.
Legendary is only book one. How many more books are you planning and do you know the ending of the series already?
I have 4 books planned total. And yes I know the overall ending, but in truth I have 3 different versions of it written. Which one gets used is up to Aliana. It will be her decision on who she chooses to love and the kind of life she wants.
Now that you are published, what advice would you go back and give your pre-published self (and other pre-published authors out there)?
1. Network with like-minded authors. It’s hard, especially since, until I am comfortable with people or a situation, I am very reserved. I thought that “getting into the circles” would be a little easier, so I put it off. I wish I hadn’t, because I know now what amazing talents and new friends I missed out on.
2. SAVE EVERYTHING. I admit I may have gotten rid of one or two piles of notes/ideas that I am kicking myself for now.
Plotter or Pantser?
Both. I am an obsessive planner, mostly because of my other job as a Pastry Chef, but I continually find that characters surprise me/ refuse to be less in the spot light **Ahem Flora and Lacy** All the characters like to screw with my well laid plans from time to time, but I think it’s always turns out for the best. ;P
Who would you rather: King Arthur, Lancelot or Galahad?
All three? LOL. Honestly, I’m not sure who I’d choose. And I don’t envy Aliana’s choice between Galahad and Arthur. All three guys have wonderful attributes and features that I personally am attracted to, but they also have their faults that drive me nuts. It’s hard to choose.
What person in all of the various Arthurian tales and legends would you most like to be for a day and why?
Titania- Technically she’s only a part of my Arthurian legends, but I’d love to be that powerful and wickedly clever. I think I’d have fun as the crazy-bad-girl-scheming Fae Queen.
I love Inside the Actor’s Studio, especially the 10 questions James Lipton asks at the end of the show. Without further ado:
- What is your favorite word? Love
- What is your least favorite word? Hate
- What turns you on? Gorgeous eyes and stunning smiles.
- What turns you off? Smoking
- What sound or noise do you love? Music-particularly from my fav artists.
- What sound or noise do you hate? Squeaking wheels *shudder*
- What is your favorite curse word? Son of a Monkey
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I’m already a pastry chef, so I’d say photographer or artist.
- What profession would you not like to do? Garbage collector
- If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates? Here’s your glass of wine.
Lastly, what are you working on now?
Well I just started book 3 of Legendary Saga. We are about to start edits for book 2 of Legendary. And I have another WIP inspired by the Borgia’s TV show, the Greek hero Orion, and some of my favorite anime’s from when I was a teen. It’s set in modern Rome and is full of mystery, intrigue, Phantasmas (phantoms in Latin), secret societies and sweet & intense teen love.
Thank you so much for joining us today! Congratulations on your debut novel and hurry up writing the next one!!!
To learn more about L.H. Nicole or to buy her amazing book, please visit her website, or catch up with her on Facebook: L.H. Nicole, Pinterest: L.H. Nicole, Tumbler: L.H. Nicole and Twitter: L.H. Nicole.
*Giveaway alert: Dying to read Legendary? Leave a comment below to be entered to win a free copy. Contest runs through midnight tonight.