- March 2
- vintage published in 1987
Awards and Accolades:
- Golden Heart, 1986. WRW’s Magic Crystal service award, 1989
Music or Silence?
- My newest addiction is Pandora – Hector at Brookstone talked me into putting in a Radiohead channel. Oh, dear… Although, I mostly listen to Ambient Radio, or John Adams, John Tavenner, and more.
What weird food do you like?
- Sweetarts. once I start, I canNOT stop. Also, Smarties!
What is one of your most irrational fears?
- I will be murdered in my bed, which is why I have burglar alarms and deadbolts everywhere.
How many novels/short stories/screenplays/poems/etc have you published?
- One novel. But my first “win” was Father’s Day, 1984. I wrote a piece about why Peter is the Best Dad Ever for a competition on WETA’s Sunday broadcast. I won tickets to the Old Timers’ Baseball Game at RFK Stadium later that year, and treated hubby and two of his brothers to an evening with their childhood idols.
- Summer, 2017 – With no prompting at all, I’ve written two country/western lyrics. Go figure!
How much do you write every day?
- an hour (or less, rarely more… #lamesauce)
How much do you WISH you could write every day?
- 4 or 5!
What are you working on now?
- Lake Effect, a single title contemporary, plus three more in my head with notes on all
If you could write like one author, who would it be?
- Susan Jeffery – you know, the one who actually gets her work done. Yeah, that one.
If you could be one superhero, or have one superpower, who/what would it be?
- Wonder Woman
If you could be on any reality tv show, what would it be?
- Yard Crashers, b/c my own yard is the one of the saddest pieces of property ever. No grass, just weeds.
What’s the coolest thing you’ve ever done?
- Apparently fooled Parisian waiters into thinking I was a food critic and got slammin’ service and free drinks as a result – then walked around the Arc de Triomphe twice b/c I was too drunk to find the right street to get back to the hotel.
What’s the coolest thing you’re about to do?
- Open the champagne that’s waiting in the fridge when I sign a contract. UPDATE: Hubby opened it for our first picnic of the year. Oh, well!
Name three things on your List of Things to Do Before You Die.
- 1. go back to Paris
- 2. handle a racecar at racing speed
- 3. go skydiving