What do you think of when you think of November? NaNoWriMo? The time change? Veteran’s Day? Thanksgiving? For me, November is a time for giving thanks. Here are a few of the things I am thankful for in my life:
- I am thankful for my family. Without the support I receive from my husband and children it would be impossible for me to work a full time job, take care of the day-to-day stuff and still find time to write.
- I’m thankful that my family is healthy and that we have a roof over our heads and food on our table.
- And I am thankful for my job and my co-workers. Just like most of the rest of the world, I’d rather win the lottery and spend my days lounging on a sandy beach somewhere. Preferably with a hot cabana boy to bring me fabulous fruity drinks, but since that sadly doesn’t seem to be an option, I am thankful that my job allows me to take care of my family and save for college, and that my coworkers make that cursed day job tolerable most days.
- I am thankful for my friends. I feel so fortunate to be blessed with so many wonderful angels in my life, like every single one of the Waterworld Mermaids. These people lift me up when I am down and challenge me to be better person everyday.
- And finally, I am thankful that I live in a time and place where my accomplishments are directly related to how hard I’m willing to work. I have found that the things that are the most valuable in life are those things you have to strive for. I’m glad I get the opportunity to follow my dreams.
So, now that I’ve shared my top five, it’s your turn. Please take a moment to share some of the things that you’re thankful for.