Not my usual ‘thankful’ Thanksgiving idea but I had a brain spasm this morning–or my Muse kicked me in the seat of the pants or something…
Needless to say, I could rant poetically about all the ‘sweet, gooey things’ I’m thankful for and everyone would agree with me in a sentimental sort of way but what about all the ‘Crazy things’ we are thankful for?
I’m Thankful for…
- My hubby not being able to put his clothes in the hamper. This means I have a ‘normal’ husband and we’ve lived to tell tales ‘good and bad’.
- My daughters who enjoy goofy conversations, movie quotes at the dinner table and feeding off the crazy energy of each other. This means my daughters can entertain, hold conversations that will take anyone out of a sad or bad mood, and work together doing so.
- Screwy schedules. Over the years as a mother, housewife, volunteer, writer/author and all around ‘Jane of all trades’, I’ve developed the talent for multi-tasking and dealing with chaos.
- Friends who love me no matter what. They see me with make-up, without–in stressed out moods, happy go lucky, etc. and accept every one of my ‘Sybil-like’ moments and still call me up for coffee days and writing sprints.
- My laptop–for taking all my frustrations in words and stories and still being there for me the next day (most of the time). Hey, laptops get sick, too.
- My editor. She learned how weird my sense of humor is with the side notes/changes in the review margins of my recent story–and we’ve become friends since then. (You are the best, Judy!)
- For the times my hubby has had to go away on business. With him gone, absence makes the heart grow fonder. We cherish the moments we spend together when he is home.
- For Skype–and whoever created the program. It’s as close sometimes as we can get as a family–when hubby is away.
There are so many other ‘crazy’ things to be thankful for, I’m not sure I could list them all. What are some of the ‘crazy’ things you are thankful for? Would love to hear them.
All the best and a blessed ‘crazy’ Thanksgiving…wherever you may be!
10 thoughts on “Thankful for Being…Crazy?”
Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!!!!
I do have a lot to be thankful for…including my wonderful ‘crazy-loving’ mermaid sisters.
Hugs and all the best!
Although the loudness in my family drives me nearly insane every day, I’m thankful that my five kids aren’t afraid to express themselves and make sure they do get heard. And heard often. And often while talking over a brother or sister…
I’m thankful for chaos as well. Kind of goes hand in hand with the above mentioned loudness.
Although I get sick of being a chauffeur, I’m thankful that my kids have plenty of interests that necessitate me driving them all around on a daily basis.
I’m thankful, most of all, for my husband who continues to be the best friend a girl could ever ask for! And he kind of brought about the above mentioned craziness. Just sayin’.
Happy Crazy Thanksgiving, Loni!
Exactly! We forget that in the ‘craziness’ of our lives, we have things to be thankful for.
I like the “Happy Crazy Thanksgiving” 😉
The best one to you, Kim!
What a lovely list, Loni, and have a Happy Thanskgiving! I am thankful this year to know that all the members of my family are safe. We are doing work that makes our lives better, even if it doesn’t look like that right now. Every day is a little more sunny side up, imho.
Everyone be safe and enjoy the day!
With all that you’ve been through (and those around you) it is a true blessing to know your family members are safe. We tend to take for granted the things we do…when everything we have is something to be thankful for.
Cheers to those ‘sunny side up’ days! 😀
Hugs and much love to you!
Loni, Happy Thanksgiving beautiful lady, and thank you for sharing this craziness with us and getting us to share ours with you.
I love that you said the part about hubby being gone making the heart grow fonder. I’m definitely with you on that.
I’m thankful for football. Even though hubby and son make a five day a week commitment to it during our season, which makes meals hectic or non-existent, quadruples the laundry, sticks us out in the freezing cold or pouring rain, I absolutely love it because it’s where my boys shine.
Love you and hope you and your family have the best Thanksgiving.
Thank you, Sweetheart! Yeah, I love hubby…but more so when I’ve missed him so much.
We think about our fun and things that make us shine… our writing! But when it comes to our family–I agree, seeing them shine at their best is something to be thankful for.
Love you too! All the best to you and yours!
Loved your Crazy Thanks List! Thank you for reminding us that we all have much to be thankful for and that there’s something good in everything.
Oh, I just got over here! Sorry for the delay – wonderful post. Happy belated Thanksgiving!
Comments are closed.