So a while back, I had a post on my blog about how there are days when being a romance writer sucks big hairy ones. I won’t say what those ones are, because this is the Waterworld Mermaids and the lagoon isn’t like that. 🙂
And it’s true some days the keyboard kicks me in the shins. However, there is so much to love about being a romance writer and I wanted to share 10 of my favorites. Add yours in the comments section and we’ll blow the Internet apart with our love. Hey, it could happen.
10. Hot men who take off their shirts whenever I want them too. Someone should do a study about the motivational properties of washboard abs.
9. Tough chicks who don't back down. They may get weary. They may get knocked around a bit. But these women always get back up and fight the good fight.
8. Exotic locales. OK, I know my books are set in Nebraska, but that has to be exotic to someone who lives in Tahiti, right?
7. Witty banter. Who wants main characters who only stare lovingly at each other? Not me. Give me verbal fireworks. (Apples and oranges - opposites attract. I crack myself up. )
6. Giggles. Enough with the doom and gloom. If Wesley had time to crack jokes while saving Princess Buttercup so can my heroes.
5. Hot, mind blowing sex every time. Yes, every time. With multiple orgasms. And no one is injured by a wayward elbow even during the most gymnastic of interludes.
4. The chase. Let the anticipation build and build until they either have to catch each other or the book will spontaneously combust with anticipation overload.
3. The lightbulb moment. You know what I'm talking about, that single moment of realization when the hero and heroine finally figure out that this isn't just lust - it's something much more. This always gives me butterflies.
2. Sacrifice. Just wanting to be together isn't enough for me. I want my characters to fight for it, slay dragons to be together and overcome the evilest of villains.
1. Happily ever after. Need I say more? I think not.
OK, you’re turn. What are your favorite things about writing romance?