Right now, I am swimming with the fishies. (Not literally, I hope). But I am on vacation. And it is during this time, I always take a step back and remind myself to be thankful for everything. Here is my partial list for 2012.
1. My kids are healthy
2. For Ben and Jerry S’Mores ice cream.. there’s no better way to take the ouchie out of a query rejection
3. I have a great husband
4. For the nutty life I’ve lead because it’s given me lots of angst and perspective I can use in my writing
5. For my wonderfully dysfunctional family who love too much and expect the world
6. I somehow managed to fit into a dress I wore when I was 22 (don’t get jealous folks.. it’s verrry stretchy because it’s been stretchin’ for two decades)
7. To have found the love and support of the Mermaids.. and my goals is to spend more time with them; virtually and otherwise
8. Finally, I’m thankful that I live in the greatest country on earth where I am free to write whatever words I choose without fear of retribution or death.
9 thoughts on “Gone Fishin’”
A mermaid at sea? How perfect does it get?? Best list ever, Masha. Safe journeys to you and cannot wait to have you back on our shores.
Hooray for America and dysfunctional Mermaid families!!! *big hugs* xox
I thankful for YOU. 🙂
I second that m-ocean! Get it, motion/ocean. Okay–tiny bit stupid this morning. “More Vanilla Bean latte, please!”
Clever Loni Mermaid…hey, what’s it about this vanilla bean latte that keeps your flippers so flippy? I may have to try one soon
Oh, and PS–REALLY jealous over your proximity to the ocean. Just sayin’.
I don’t care how stretchy the dress is, I’m still jealous. 🙂 Have a great vacay!
Love you, Masha-Mermaid – even if I am totally jealous about that dress! We have a date when you get back. Enjoy your vacay! 😉
I completely missed you at retreat. I saw you very briefly, and then…you were gone. 🙂
Have a great vacation! It’s always nice to give thanks to those in your life and to know that it’s all about putting things in perspective.
Mermaid hugs to you!
I love this post bunches and applaud each one of the wonderful things you listed for which you are thankful. I am right there with you on every point – at the end of the day it is family that matters – and Mermaids are my writing family. Enjoy the mess out of your vacation!
Comments are closed.