Yes, the dreaded 13! (At least to some.)
I’ve always tried to be the one who looked at the glass half-full, not half-empty. When my friends would cringe at the thought of Friday the 13th (other than the movies), I would shrug and pet my black cat curled up in my lap.
Well my friends, this is Thursday the 13th–so no fear there at all, unless you don’t like the number 13 in general. To me the number represented a ‘baker’s dozen’–one more number past twelve, a little extra ‘something’…or just another day.
So unless you have Triskaidekaphobia, the fear of the number 13, treat this day as you would any other.
I intend to embrace this day by doing some of my favorite things:
- Waking up at 4:13 this morning (yes I did! Freaky or what?)
- Having a cup or two of my vanilla bean latte 😉 (If I have 13 cups–someone better peel me off of the ceiling)
- Writing at least 1300 words to my new WIP
- Hugging my DD’s at least 13 times each (nope–they don’t get annoyed)
- Going through 13 emails (at least!)
- Answering 13 emails–depends on who they are from and the topic
- Having at least 13 Cheerios in my bowl of cereal this morning
- Texting hubby 13 times–just to be annoying! (Mwwwahhhhaaahhhhh)
- Adding an extra cookie to each batch of cookies I bake today (there is that Baker’s Dozen I told you about earlier)
- Play 13 games of Free Cell on my smart phone while waiting for people today (picking up DD from school, running errands, appointments, etc.)
- Send out 13 Christmas Cards.
- Say hello to 13 Mermaids (including me)–Hi My Mermaid sisters!! 🙂
- And…have 13 things to do on my list today!
What do you plan to do with “13” today?