I know, I know, I know.
Ugh…who hates resolutions? Raise your hand (arms raised, hands waving wildly).
It’s a no win situation. You sit down, you make a list of resolutions and what happens? You end up starting the year feeling overwhelming pressure – make a change, keep on track, finish, start, begin again, yada, yada, yada. I don’t believe in resolutions (other than I will finish my three books sworn to finish for the WRW challenge, and I will submit to every publisher on my hit list, as well as editors and agents, again, again, and again, etc.).
But today, I decided to go for a bit of a reversal. I created a list of things I don’t know, and don’t care if I ever learn (kind of)…and I’d like you to join me in this anti-resolution list making thing.
It’s freeing, publicly admitting what you don’t know, and don’t care if you ever find out…okay, I was struggling for a blog post topic and this is what happened:
My top 10 list of things I don’t know!
- Existentialism – I know nothing.
- Google Circles – What is it?
- Shooting a Gun – All my heroines end up pulling a pistol, Glock 45, or other weapon of destruction (mostly stakes) and I’ve never shot a gun or staked a vampire, and not sure I want to.
- Money laundering – It’s a plot device in one of my stories, but it’s so freaking complicated! The money’s here. The money’s there. Jeez.
- BDSM – Mmmmm….
- Teen Wolf on MTV – Why do I love it so?
- Why has John Rodgers, show runner of TNT’s Leverage, ignored the Parker/Hardison romance in Season 5? He’s just giving it lip service and now I don’t care about it!
- James Patterson, author – How the hell does he write so many books so fast?
- Why did Buffy never tell Spike she loved him in Season 7?
- Why isn’t ABC’s Scandal the Top Show on TV – It’s dirty, it’s sinful, it’s sexy, gosh, it’s super sexy, and it’s so wrong!…
Okay that’s my list. You don’t have to go for 10, just one will do or just say hi!
Happy New Year (nearly a month early:)…