- March 2
- vintage published in 1987
Awards and Accolades:
- Golden Heart, 1986. WRW’s Magic Crystal service award, 1989
Music or Silence?
- My newest addiction is Pandora – Hector at Brookstone talked me into putting in a Radiohead channel. Oh, dear…
What weird food do you like?
- Sweetarts. once I start, I canNOT stop.
What is one of your most irrational fears?
- I will be murdered in my bed, which is why I have burglar alarms and deadbolts everywhere.
How many novels/short stories/screenplays/poems/etc have you published?
- One novel. But my first “win” was Father’s Day, 1984. I wrote a piece about why Peter is the Best Dad Ever for a competition on WETA’s Sunday broadcast. I won tickets to the Old Timers’ Baseball Game at RFK Stadium later that year, and treated hubby and two of his brothers to an evening with their childhood idols.
How much do you write every day?
- an hour (or less, rarely more… #lamesauce)
How much do you WISH you could write every day?
- 4 or 5!
What are you working on now?
- Lake Effect, a single title contemporary, plus three more in my head with notes on all
If you could write like one author, who would it be?
- Susan Andrews – you know, the one who actually gets her work done. Yeah, that one.
If you could be one superhero, or have one superpower, who/what would it be?
- Wonder Woman
If you could be on any reality tv show, what would it be?
- Yard Crashers, b/c my own yard is the one of the saddest pieces of property ever. No grass, just weeds.
What’s the coolest thing you’ve ever done?
- Apparently fooled Parisian waiters into thinking I was a food critic and got slammin’ service and free drinks as a result – then walked around the Arc de Triomphe twice b/c I was too drunk to find the right street to get back to the hotel.
What’s the coolest thing you’re about to do?
- Open the champagne that’s waiting in the fridge when I sign a contract
Name three things on your List of Things to Do Before You Die.
- 1. go back to Paris
- 2. handle a racecar at racing speed
- 3. go skydiving